Simplicity at its best…
Whether it’s a party of five, or a party of fifty, everyone stresses about putting together the ultimate party for any occasion. From menu prep to what colour linens, there is always some form of overwhelming doubt.
Take a step back and breathe…
Rather then stressing out, remind yourself to stay calm and enjoy the planning process by just keeping it simple. Simplicity and taking time to really focus on the details are the two key elements when planning any type of party.
Parties allow us to celebrate life’s milestones with the people we cherish the most, providing us with some much needed fun, great laughs, and memorable photo-ops that will last forever. Let’s not forget to mention the pride you receive after throwing a great party, when you finally have the chance to see your vision come to life for your loved ones to enjoy…nothing is more rewarding.
1. Plan Ahead
- It’s never too early to start thinking about ideas. Keep a pen and paper handy to jot down any thoughts or ideas that come to mind.
2. Decide on your budget.
- Will you be doing all the prepping, cooking, and decorating yourself or do you need extra help?
- Budget permitting, hire a party planner!
3. Keep it Simple
- Remember less is more! Try to stick to one theme, one colour pallet and subtle details that pop.
- Choosing a theme that will help you dictate the food, the drinks and the décor.
- Get some Pinspiration! Social media is a great way research some get party ideas!
4. Stay organized
- Keep a to do list, Detailed lists are a great way for anyone to keep track of what needs to be done, and sometimes getting it down on paper eliminates the daunting feeling.
- Take inventory of your materials on hand; will you have enough table and chairs, dinnerware, glasses, cutlery and serving ware? Thinking about this ahead can save you some time by accessing what you need before hand and save you money from buying things you already own from previous occasions.
5. Attention to Detail
- It’s the small things that really make the difference, whether it’s a monogrammed seating card, or a personalized invitation. Focus on the little ways that you can personalize the event to make it stand out from the rest.
- Don’t be shy to ask for help! Taking it on alone can get overwhelming. Make it into something you can enjoy and share with a good friend or close family member who probably has some great insight and ideas.
- There are plenty of party planners within your neighbourhood that would love to help.
7. Give yourself enough time
- On the day of the party, give yourself plenty of time to set up. Don’t wait until the last minute and stress yourself out. Or set-up a day earlier!
- Any dishes that can be pre-made should be cooked/prepped the day before (if applicable).
8. Relax and Enjoy
SOCIAL EVENT PLANNING & STYLING
Like us on Facebook: http//:www.facebook.com/socialeventplanningandstyling
Follow us on Instagram: @social_event_planning